The dedicated and compassionate team at Southwind Animal Hospital provides overnight boarding services for dogs and cats in Southeast Memphis.
Your Pet's Home Away From Home
We understand that when it comes to boarding your pet, you want a place you can trust and rely on to provide them with the care they need while you're away. Southwind Animal Hospital in Southeast Memphis is that place!
- Comfortable & Caring Accommodations
At Southwind Animal Hospital, we've got everything your pet needs for a fun, relaxing stay.
Our boarding facilities feature indoor, climate controlled kennels for our canine guests and cat condos for our feline guests.
While staying with us, your pet will enjoy daily walks, playtime, bathing, and more.
- Convenient Pick-ups & Drop-offs
For your convenience, our office is open from 7am - 6pm Monday through Friday, and 7:30am - 12 noon on Saturday. Please note that we are closed on Sunday.
- Frequent Boarder Program
After 10 nights of boarding your pet at Southwind Animal Hospital, get the next night free. Contact us for more details.
I've been taking my dog Boudin to Southwind Animal Hospital since I moved to Memphis 3 years ago. They always take great care of him for any medical issues and Boudin loves to board there. He gets so excited when we pull into the parking lot. The receptionists are very nice and accommodating. I've never had an issue getting an appointment or scheduling boarding. Cannot recommend enough!
Read the answers to our most frequently asked questions about pet boarding at Southwind Animal Hospital.
- What accommodations and amenities do you have?
We've got everything your pet needs for a fun, relaxing stay, including:
- Climate-controlled kennels
- Clean towels, blankets and bowls
- 78 indoor runs and cages
- Individual space for each pet
- Separate boarding area for cats
- 2 bathing areas
- Daily walks with our staff
- Abundant daily playtime with staff
- Special diet accommodations as requested
- Vets that are on call 24/7
- How much does boarding cost?
Boarding fees vary based on the duration of the stay, and the size of the pet. Any special medical requirements or services may affect cost as well.
That said, our pricing is affordable and competitive, and we welcome you to contact us for a quote.
- Is there a discount for boarding multiple animals at once?
Yes, when you board 2 pets in the same cage, we offer a per night discount of $2.10 off the regular rate.
- Are boarders required to be vaccinated?
Yes, for your pet’s protection, current immunizations are required for every animal who stays with us.
- Are there any restrictions on the dogs or cats you board?
All animals we board must be up to date on vaccines. This is for the protection and safety of all animals we are boarding at the time of your pet's stay.
For dogs, they must be able to walk on a leash.
- Do I need to make a reservation?
Yes, reservations are essential to guarantee a space for your pet as our availability is limited.
Please complete the form on this page, or call us to make a reservation.
- How many animals do you board in total at one time?
We have the space to board up to 78 animals at any one time.
- Is there a limit to the amount of animals I can board?
There is no limit on the number of animals a single person can board, provided we have the capacity on the dates you are seeking.
- What time should I drop off and pick up my pet?
All pets must be dropped off or picked up during our regular hospital hours.
Reservations are recommended, especially for holidays and summer weekends.
- What should I pack for my pet?
Food: While we provide food (Purina EN) for pets staying with us, feel free to bring enough of your pet's regular food to last the duration of the stay if you'd prefer.
Medication: If your pet takes any medication, bring it along and our staff will be glad administer.
Toys: If your pet has a special toy or two, bring them along.
- What if my pet needs to take medication during their stay?
If your pet takes any medication, bring it along. We will be glad to administer your pet's medications while they are staying with us.
- Will I be able to get updates about my pet during their stay?
Yes, please feel free to call us for updates during your pet's stay. If there is a problem, we will contact you via the emergency contact information you provide our staff.