Southwind Animal Hospital provides emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs in Southeast Memphis.
Call (901) 362-8321
If you have an emergency or urgent care need during regular business hours, call us or get your pet to our hospital as soon as possible. Starting treatment right away may decrease recovery time or even save a life.
After Hours Emergencies
If you have an emergency or urgent care need after regular business hours, please visit one of the following emergency veterinary clinics:
Animal Emergency Center
Open Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
3767 Summer Avenue, Memphis
Call (901) 323-4563
Memphis Veterinary Specialists & Emergency
555 Trinity Creek Cove, Cordova
Call (901) 624-9002
A veterinary emergency is any situations that requires immediate or urgent attention, or that could potentially be life-threatening.
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care.
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing or continuous coughing/gagging
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Injuries the eye(s)
- You know or suspect your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Fractured bones, severe lameness or inability to move leg(s)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; more than two episodes in 24-hours
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more